An Exhibit Showcasing Artistic Resilience
Co-curated by Gene Dominique and Becky Jaffe
When historic circumstance conspires to dispirit you, how do you use the Arts to revive and engage yourself and your community? In a time of extreme restrictions imposed by a global pandemic, how are you finding new creative tributaries like a river dammed that forges new pathways to stay in the flow? In a time of social uprising and global outcry over the pandemic of American racism, how are you using your art practice to cultivate the joy and resilience needed to do the hard work to recreate a society in which Black lives not only matter, but are respected, valued and loved? We want to see how your art practice is helping you navigate this extraordinary period of pain and possibility. You are warmly invited to submit work in any artistic medium that conspires to inspire.
Entry Deadline: July 18, 2020
Announcement of Acceptances: August 3, 2020
Artists deliver ready-to-hang work in person to the Abrams Claghorn Gallery
(in safely-distanced scheduled increments TBA): August 29-August 30, 2020
Exhibit dates: September 3-30, 2020
Opening Reception: September 12th
Submitting your work:
- We enthusiastically welcome work in all artistic media, including 2-D, 3-D, and 4-D art.
- This exhibit is open to artists in the greater Bay Area.
- All work must be the original work of the artist and produced after the shelter-in-place orders went into effect in the Bay Area on March 16, 2020
- Email up to 3 digital files to: ThrivingInPlaceArtExhibit@gmail.com in the following format: 72 dpi; image width less than 1200 pixels on the longer side; LastName_FirstName_Title.jpg
- In the body of your email, please include your name, titles of images submitted, photographic process/medium, dimensions and price.
- Accepted artists will be asked to submit an artists’ statement and bio;
- Artists receive 45% of sales; the Abrams Claghorn Gallery receives 45%; and 10% of all sales will go to the Equal Justice Initiative.
- Entry Fee: FREE
- We look forward to seeing how you are thriving in place!